n. 毅力, 忍耐, 锲而不舍, 不屈不挠
- persistent determination
同义词：doggedness, persistence, persistency, tenacity, tenaciousness, pertinacity
- the act of persisting or persevering; continuing or repeating behavior
- You need perseverance to win in politics and I doubt if he can go the distance.
- He became a champion at last in virtue of his perseverance.
- He succeeded by means of perseverance.
- By perseverance the lame boy learned to swim.
- He took the palm by perseverance.
- After months of disappointment, his perseverance was finally rewarded.
- He is slow to learn, but shows great perseverance.
n.（名词）Steady persistence in adhering to a course of action, a belief, or a purpose; steadfastness.百折不挠，坚定不移：对行动、信仰或目标的坚持；坚定Theology
The Calvinistic doctrine that those who have been chosen by God will continue in a state of grace to the end and will finally be saved.【神学】
同义词>Each of these nouns means steadfast singleness of purpose, as in the pursuit of a goal, despite difficulties or obstacles.这些名词都表示当在追求目标过程中遇到了困难或障碍时意向坚定、专一的意思。 Perseverance
suggests praiseworthy and enduring patience: Perseverance
表明值得赞扬的、坚持到底的耐性： 例句：.`Tis known by the name of perseverance in a good cause,—and of obstinacy in a bad one. (Laurence Sterne). .大家都知道，毅力用于褒义而顽固用于贬义. （劳伦斯·斯顿）。
例句：.Great works are performed, not by strength, but perseverance. (Samuel Johnson)..伟大的作品不是靠力量而是靠毅力来完成的. （塞缪米·约翰逊）。 Persistence
always implies firm resolvebut may connote an obstinate, annoying quality: Persistence
常表示坚定的作法，但也可能表示固执、令人恼怒的品质： 例句：.Persistence and courage are the most womanly no less than the most manly qualities. (Margaret Fuller)..毅力和勇气就象适用男性一样适用女性. （玛格丽特·夫乐尔）。 Tenacity
suggest stubborn, often perverse persistence: Tenacity
意指顽固， 常常指刚愎自用的顽固： 例句：.The Scots fought with desperate tenacity. (John Morley). .苏格兰人进行绝望的顽抗. （约韩·莫里）。
例句：.Again and again . . . with the inexorable pertinacity of a child intent upon some object important to itself, did he renew his efforts. (Nathaniel Hawthorne). .一次又一次…凭着孩童对某些本身重要的目标所持有的不屈不挠的顽强，他重新开始了努力. （纳撒尼尔·霍斯隆）